The lessons are given in small groups of 6-14 persons. Every student gets personal attention and the chance to actively participate during the lesson. The objective of the courses is communicating in and understanding informal Arabic, with the goal of reading and comprehending Modern Standard Arabic (media, literature, songs, etc…)
We offer 3 trimesters per school year: September-December, January-April, April-July.
Next trimester will start as of January 8, 2019.
New! As of September 19, 2018, lessons in Rotterdam for beginners. Check out the new schedule: Schedule
- You learn reading and writing in Modern Standard Arabic.
- Speaking is in the dialect of the Levant (Lebanon, Palestine, North Jordan and Syria).
- Listening comprehension in M.S.A. and Levantine Arabic.
- Courses start at the beginning of a trimester which lasts 3 months.
- There are 6 different levels: from absolute beginners, until semi-advanced. A level can last up to 1.5 trimester.
- For non-beginners, we will evaluate before beginning in which level you will be placed.
- Primary lesson material will be a reading book, with its corresponding exercise book.
- In addition to the books, practical exercises will be used in the more advanced levels, such as: read/translate Arabic newspaper articles, listen and understand Arabic songs, listen to the Arabic news, watch pieces of a documentary, etc…
- These exercises are customized depending on the student’s interests and background.
- Tests will take place at the end of the trimester in order for both the student and teacher to evaluate progress.